Sunday, October 25, 2009

I’m Done

I’m Done

I’m Done Picking up your beer cans;
I’m done telling you I love you.
I’m done cleaning up your messes;
I’m done telling you that you’re not the worst parent in the world.
I’m done taking care of you, like you should me.
I’m done being the one there for you,
When you where never there for me.
When you’re sober;
you can be anyone’s best friend.
I’m done pretending that every morning you wake up,
that never happened.
I’m done trying to measure up my mistakes to impress you,
when all in all you’re the one making mistakes.
I’m tired,
I’m beat.
You always say “Johnson’s don’t cry”,
well I’m not crying over you anymore.
I’m going somewhere in my life,
when you never did yours.
You can’t keep getting drunk,
and pretend that everything is ok.
Just because you can blame it on the alcohol,
doesn’t mean you can blame it on me.
I can’t handle watching you throw up all over yourself,
and want me to clean it up.
I’m done carrying your passed out body to bed every night,
I’m tired of you braking shit.
I’m tired of acting strong in front of my family,
saying “oh he’s great, he’s the best”.
When they can see right through me knowing that I am truly broken inside.
You’re dying dad,
and I can’t keep watching you.
I’m done.

-Jexie Jay (september 22,2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment